Viessmann Data Protection Statement
We, Viessmann Climate Solutions SE (hereinafter "Viessmann" or "we") as part of the Viessmann Group, take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of the applicable data protection laws. These include above all the Basic Regulation on Data Protection (hereinafter: "DS-GMO", Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council. The Viessmann Group comprises the companies associated with Viessmann GmbH & Co. KG affiliated companies. These are ones over which we have control.
Personal data is collected on our websites and when using our apps and services only to the extent necessary and processed for the specific purpose. Personal data is data that identifies you personally or other data linked to you.
Responsible body within the meaning of Data Protection Legislation
Viessmann Climate Solutions SE
D-35108 Allendorf (Eder)
Telephone: +49 6452 70-0
Fax: +49 6452 70-2780
Processing within the Viessmann Group
Acting on our behalf, Viessmann Climate Solutions SE, operates:
- Viessmann Deutschland GmbH for sales and marketing purposes
- Viessmann Climate Solutions Berlin GmbH for the operation of the websites and apps as well as marketing
- Viessmann IT Service GmbH for the operation of backend systems
- Viessmann PV + E GmbH and Digital Energy Solutions GmbH & Co. KG for sales and marketing purposes
The data collected can be processed or passed on to other Viessmann Group companies if:
- you have given your express and informed consent elsewhere (e.g. reference in the enquiry form),
- it is necessary with a specific purpose and the division of labour within the Viessmann Group; corresponding contractual agreements have been concluded within the Viessmann Group for this purpose,
- the data is made available pseudonymised by the responsible party and the responsible party guarantees that the commissioned group company cannot de-pseudonymise this data, or
- the data is stored anonymously by the responsible body and the data stored in this way is no longer subject to data protection regulations.
Transfer to third countries
The companies of the Viessmann Group process/transmit the data provided by you in/at locations in Germany, the European Union and third countries (including the USA) which have an appropriate level of data protection in accordance with Article 45 DS-GVO or offer suitable guarantees in accordance with Article 46 DS-GVO.
Scope of the data protection statement
The following statement gives you an overview of how we guarantee data protection, what kind of data is collected and processed for what purpose and on what legal basis. It applies in principle to all websites and apps for which Viessmann is responsible. If Viessmann websites and apps deviate from these principles of data processing or supplement them with their own, this will be indicated in a suitable manner on the corresponding websites or in the apps.
- The first part (regulations for private users) applies to the private users of Viessmann services.
- The second part (provisions for business users) applies to business users of Viessmann services.
- The third part (regulations for applicants) applies to the private users of Viessmann services with regard to applications.
- The fourth part (general information and regulations for Viessmann websites and apps) applies to all users using Viessmann services or websites and apps.
- The fifth part (information on rights of data subjects) applies to all users whose data is subject to data protection law, but not legal entities.
I. Regulations for private users
This part of the data protection statement applies to private users of Viessmann Services. The legal basis for processing your data is based on your consent to this data protection statement as consent or in order to be able to provide you with information, services or products requested in accordance with DSGVO Article 6 Para.1 lit.b).
Use and verification of personal data
The following, are some of the personal data types you provide:
- your name
- your address (postal code, city, street and house number, address supplements if applicable)
- your email address
- your date of birth
- your sex
- your telephone number and/or mobile phone number
- your country
- your payment information
- your heating specialist used so far
- product name of your Viessmann product
- serial number of your Viessmann product
If you provide us with personal data, we use it to answer your questions, to process and carry out your consultation request, for technical administration, for login activities and the services provided within the respective websites or apps. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 b DS-GMO or your consent. You can revoke your consent to the use of your provided data at any time. To do so, please contact: email@example.com , stating the service(s) used if possible.
Viessmann contact by telephone
If you have agreed to our data protection statement and have given us your telephone number when making a consultation request, we will contact you by telephone before forwarding your consultation request to our partner company in order to check the accuracy of your information, to discuss your project and to be able to refer you to the appropriate specialist company.
Information about the transfer of your data and evaluation
If you have agreed to our data protection statement and provided us with your e-mail address when making a consultation request, we will inform you by e-mail about the current status of your consultation request via our service. Among other things, we will send you a message with the contact details of the referred specialist partner and, after your consultation, an opportunity to evaluate this specialist company. If you do not provide your e-mail address when you request specialist advice, we cannot provide you with a specialist advice service.
Passing on of personal data
With your consent, we will forward the personal data you have entered to external specialist companies who cooperate with our company as partners and who are active in your region, in order to provide the service of providing specialist advice and/or the purchase, maintenance or repair of a heating system or other product from the Viessmann product range.
This specialist partner will be asked to contact you within a fixed time frame in order to be able to provide the specialist advice and/or quotation you have requested. For this purpose, the specialist company will contact you by e-mail and/or telephone.
Further processing and deletion of your data
Furthermore, your data will not be passed on or sold to third parties, i.e. persons or companies not belonging to the Viessmann Group. Stored personal data will be deleted if you revoke your consent to its storage, if the data is no longer required for the purpose intended by the storage or if its storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons.
Advertising and advertising consent
We, Viessmann Limited, will only inform and ask you about Viessmann products and services by e-mail, post or telephone and if you have expressly given us your consent to use your personal data for advertising purposes (opt-in).
This is done by actively ticking the box next to the statement, "Yes, Viessmann Limited may contact me by e-mail and telephone to fulfill my consultation request and to keep me informed about the latest products and services. I also take advantage of my opportunity to participate in market/opinion surveys. I may revoke this consent at any time with future effect."
Please note: The text displayed on the respective website/app may list different companies if they are affected by your request.
If you have given us your consent for such use but no longer wish to receive advertising or surveys from Viessmann in future, you can revoke your future consent at any time. Your data will then be deleted or, if it is still required for billing and accounting purposes, stored for these purposes. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of personal data when using the contact form
If you send us enquiries using one of our contact forms, your details from the enquiry form, including the contact data you have provided there, will be stored with us for the purpose of processing your enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions on the same subject. This data will not be passed on to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the use of the data provided via the contact form at any time. Please contact: email@example.com
II. Provisions for business users
This part of the data protection regulations only applies to business users such as trade businesses, industrial businesses, municipalities, commercial businesses, planners, architects, etc. and only insofar as these make personal data available from contact persons for the conclusion and execution of contracts in accordance with DSGVO Article 6 Para.1 lit.b) on our websites and in our apps.
Personal data is collected and processed by Viessmann for the following purposes:
- Mediation of customer inquiries
- Mediation to inquiring customers
- Display in Viessmann specialist company directories (e.g. specialist partner on-site search at www.viessmann.co.uk)
As far as you have made personal data available to us, we use it only for answering your inquiries, for processing contracts concluded with you, for technical administration, for login activities and the services made available within the respective Internet pages or apps.
Stored personal data will be deleted if you revoke your consent to its storage, if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was stored or if its storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will then be deleted or, if it is still necessary for verification, billing and/or accounting purposes, stored for these purposes.
For further personal data processed in the context of the delivery and performance of products and services pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b), the data protection provisions in the respective general terms and conditions of sale apply.
III. Regulations for applicants
The data is processed using systems from Greenhouse Software, Inc., a US-based company. In accordance with Article 46 of the DS-GVO, Viessmann Climate Solutions Berlin GmbH has concluded a contract with Greenhouse based on the EU standard data protection clauses.
The deletion of the stored personal data of the applicant is automatically at the earliest after 4, but at the latest after 6 months, from the date on which the applicant was informed that the position is not occupied by him and no other legal requirements oppose. The deadline results from the requirements of the General Equal Treatment Act.
When you join the Talent Relationship Management Program, your data will be stored in our system for up to 365 days to be considered in advance for future job postings. Here we use your provided data to contact you by e-mail and/or mail and/or phone.
Only with your explicit consent to our request your data will remain stored in our system beyond this period in order to be considered for future other job postings.
IV. General information and regulations for Viessmann websites and apps
These provisions apply in addition to the provisions for private users and the provisions for business users for Viessmann websites and apps. Some of our apps have their own additional data protection statements. The Viessmann Apps ViCare and Vitotrol Plus data protection statement can be found under the following link: https://www.viessmann.de/de/misc/apps/vicare-vitotrol/privacy-policy.html
Data processing by accessing our Internet pages and using our apps
Viessmann automatically collects and stores information in its server log files that your browser or app transmits to us. Viessmann cannot assign this data to individual persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. These are:
- Browser type/ version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP addresses v4 and v6)
- Time of the server request
The IP address is the globally valid identification of your computer at the time of allocation by your Internet provider and consists, in its currently most common form (IPv4), of four blocks of digits separated by dots. In most cases, as a private user, you will not use a constant IP address, as this is only temporarily assigned to you by your provider (so-called "dynamic IP address"). With permanently assigned IP addresses (so-called "static IP addresses"), a clear assignment of user data via this feature is technically easy.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of the aforementioned website
- Evaluation of system security and system stability
- For further administrative and statistical purposes
The personal data of the server log files is processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the "legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is in the easier administration and the ability to detect and track hacking. You can object to this data processing at any time if there are reasons which exist in your particular situation and which contradict the data processing. All you need to do is send an e-mail to the data protection officer. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
The server log files with the above data are automatically deleted after 30 days or anonymised if used for statistics. We reserve the right to store the server log files for longer if facts exist which suggest the assumption of unauthorised access (such as an attempt at hacking or a so-called DDOS attack).
Data processing for access to our websites and apps - "Viessmann Account"
Viessmann uses a central identity and access management system ("IAM") in addition to conventional login functions (e.g. user ID and password) for granting, changing and deleting access and access authorisations for websites and apps that are not public or not freely usable. For this purpose, the following personal data will be processed from you:
- E-mail address
- Website / app used with last time stamp
- User role(s)
- Timestamp of last successful login
- First name, last name and other data (depending on the website / app used)
- Mobile/telephone number (for 2-factor authentication)
- Creation of the "Viessmann Account"
- Creation and management of access rights to apps and websites
- Creation and administration of role-based access rights within apps and websites
- Checking and display of authorisations by/for the respective responsible functions for the individual websites and apps at Viessmann
- Communication of information on the website and app used (e.g. changes, error messages, innovations, etc.)
- Creation and usage of aggregated (“anonymized”) key figures on the use of websites and apps
- The fulfilment of a contract with you in accordance with GDPR Art. 6 Para. 1 lit b, the subject of which also includes the use of Viessmann websites or apps,
- your consent in accordance with GDPR Art. 6 Para. 1 lit a if you are explicitly asked for this or
- in our legitimate interest according to GDPR Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f.
The last-mentioned permission allows the processing of personal data within the framework of the "legitimate interest" of the controller, insofar as your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is the efficient administration of access and access rights and the protection of the websites and apps as well as the data processed there against unauthorised use (e.g. disclosure, modification, deletion). You can object to this data processing at any time if there are reasons relating to your particular situation that speak against the data processing. An e-mail to the data protection officer is sufficient for this purpose. Before objecting, please check whether you cannot delete the user account yourself. Some user roles, especially those based on consent, also allow you to delete your personal data yourself as part of a self-service.
In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing further conclusions about your person or creating profiles.
The above-mentioned data will be automatically deleted or, in the case of use for statistics, anonymised if your user account is inactive for longer than 360 days (last time stamp of successful login or use of website or APP). You will receive corresponding information from us before this period expires. We reserve the right to store personal data for a longer period of time if this results from legal or contractual reasons or if facts exist that suggest the assumption of unauthorised access.
Linking to external websites
This data protection statement applies exclusively to the Viessmann websites and apps. These may contain links to third-party websites. This data protection statement does not extend to these. If you leave the Viessmann websites and apps in order to visit the services of a third-party provider, we recommend that you also carefully read this provider's data protection statement.
Information on cookies and the use of analysis tools
The processing of personal data through cookies and analysis tools (Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, Google Adwords Conversion Tracking, Third-Party-Cookies, Re-Targeting-Technologies, Google Remarketing, Facebook Remarketing and Inspectlet) is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the "legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is to analyse the use of our website.
The processing of personal data by Google AdWords (list all retargeting technologies) is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the "legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is in the personalised display of targeted advertising and the statistical analysis of the effectiveness of advertising (e.g. determining how many clicks on an advertising banner have led to a purchase from our website).
Viessmann uses so-called cookies in several places on its websites and in its apps. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses.
Viessmann also uses analysis tools for this purpose, such as Web Trends or Google Tag Manager (Firebase). The data provided and used is collected and stored completely anonymously. This data may also be stored outside the United Kingdom or the European Union.
When implementing and using analysis tools and tracking technologies, we make personal data anonymous as quickly as possible either on the part of the provider, regulated by appropriate contracts, or within the scope of our first use, so that the right to information on your part cannot be exercised on all technologies listed below.
Viessmann makes use of a number of advertising partners who help to make the Internet offer and the websites more interesting for you. For this reason, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit the websites. These are temporary/permanent cookies that are automatically deleted after the specified time. These temporary or permanent cookies (lifetime 14 days to 10 years) are stored on your hard disk and delete themselves after the specified time. The cookies of our partner companies also only contain pseudonymous, usually even anonymous data. This includes, for example, data on which products you have looked at, whether something was purchased, which products were searched for, and so on.
Some of our advertising partners collect information about which pages you have visited before or which products you have been interested in, for example, in order to be able to show you the advertising that best suits your interests. This pseudonymous data will never be combined with your personal data. Their sole purpose is to enable our advertising partners to address you with advertising that might actually be of interest to you.
Our websites use so-called re-targeting technologies. We use these technologies to make our website more interesting for you. This technology makes it possible to address Internet users who are already interested in our products with advertising on the websites of our partners. We are convinced that the insertion of personalised, interest-related advertising is generally more interesting for the Internet user than advertising that has no such personal reference. The insertion of these advertising materials on the pages of our partners is based on cookie technology and an analysis of the previous user behaviour. This form of advertising is completely pseudonymous. No user profiles are merged with your personal data.
By using our site, you consent to the use of so-called cookies and thus to the collection, storage and use of your user data. Furthermore, your data is stored in cookies beyond the end of the browser session, so that it can be called up again the next time you visit the website, for example. You can revoke this consent at any time with future effect by refusing to accept cookies in your browser settings.
V. Information on the rights of data subjects
This part of the data protection statement provides additional information on how you can exercise your rights as a data subject vis-à-vis Viessmann.
In order to comply with the rights of affected DS-GMOs, it may be necessary for Viessmann to request further information to prove your identity in cases of personal data collected on the basis of contractual relationships on a random sample basis or in cases of justified doubt. This is especially true if a request for information is available in electronic form, but the sender's details do not reveal the identity of a natural person concerned.
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 DSGVO. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 DSGVO;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17DSGVO, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 of the DSGVO, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 of the DSGVO;
- to receive, in accordance with Article 20 DSGVO, the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another person responsible;
To exercise these rights, please contact us:
Data Protection Officer of the Viessmann Group
D-35108 Allendorf (Eder)
Phone: +49 6452 70-0
Fax: +49 6452 70-2780
- In accordance with Article 7 paragraph 3 DSGVO, you may revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future. You can revoke your consent via: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Complaint to a regulatory authority pursuant to Article 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you cancontact the regulatory authority of your usual place of residence or our company headquarters.
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
Phone: +49 611 1408-0
Fax: +49 611 1408-900
Further information - Contact details
Your trust is important to us. Therefore, we are always available to answer your questions regarding the processing of your personal data. If you have questions which this data protection statement could not answer or if you would like more detailed information on any point, please contact us:
Contact details of the data protection officer:
Data Protection Officer of the Viessmann Group
D-35108 Allendorf (Eder)
Phone: +49 6452 70-0
Fax: +49 6452 70-2780
We endeavour to store your personal data by using technical and organisational means in such away that they are not accessible to third parties. When communicating by e-mail, complete data security cannot be guaranteed, so we recommend that you send confidential information by post.
Changes to the data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid and is dated April 16th, 2019.
Due to further development of our website and services offered above or due to changes in legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data protection statement. You can call up and print out the current data protection statement on the website at https://live.viessmann.com/en/data-protection at any time.